Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sports!

Like a good brazilian, I'm a soccer lover. But, only for watch, because I play soccer very bad... When I was a child, in the primary school, the students were separate... Boys in one side and girls in other side. Usualy, boys were playing soccer and girls were playing dodgeball (in my country dodgeball is called "queimada"). In soccer team, I was always the last to be chosen and I was always the goalkeeper... For y'all feel how much I'm good to play soccer... ha ha ha...

Because of this, I chose other sports, like athletics, table tennis and volleyball. From 11 to 18 years old, I started to learn volleyball in a small association near my house. Despite my 1.70cm only, I always liked to practice this sport.

Here in Australia, the famous sports are the Australian Footy, Cricket and Rugby. I think that everyone knows cricket and rugby... But... Australian Footy?? What the f... is this?
I really dont' know how to explain you this sport. Is a mix of American Football and Soccer. The objective is to make goals, and the players can catch the ball by hands. The field is oval and the goal is made with 4 towers, without goalkeeper. Obviously this sport has a lot of rules I have no idea.
You must see... The Aussies are crazy with this footy! Take a look AFL (Australian Football League): http://www.afl.com.au/

Below, a picture of "Footy"

No comments:

Post a Comment