Monday, October 11, 2010

Appreciate the things you have...

I took the weekend to think a bit about my current life, compared with my life while living in Brazil.

Currently I am living here in Australia and going through many difficulties, especially when it comes to transportation and job.
Only now as I felt my life was good and plentiful while living in Brazil. Had a relatively stable life financially, I worked in a large company, I was living in a confortable flat and I had an imported car in the garage.

I also had a very comfortable life living with my parents, so that was not needed washing, ironing and cooking. It was just get home and have everything ready, warm and clean.

But now, I had a radical change in my life. At these times, learned how to be humble is important. My transportation has become bicycle, train, tram and bus. Working as a waiter with a good salary and humble have to do all household duties, besides having to track all my expenses, note for note.

I began to value more the domestic work that was done by my parents, I started to appreciate more the people who have a humble life as I have now.

I believe in life, luck never appears out of nowhere. Just the other day when I was talking to Susan (my English teacher) and she got news of a newspaper with the title: "Do you believe in miracles?".


At this point, I told her I did not believe in miracles, because my mother taught me that luck always favors who is well prepared. She fully agreed with me.

I firmly believe that this is only a stage to be overcome. The most important of all is perhaps all the learning I am getting to have a bright future. After these two years of apprenticeship in Australia, I would be very successful in Brazil or anywhere else in the world.

Thanks again for your visit! Hope you had fun reading some more about the life of a Brazilian-Japanese lost in Australia!


Below, a picture in front of Flinders Street train station.

1 comment:

  1. Elio, nice thoughts. You are a brave one, decided to live out of the box, far from the comfort and warm zone. Take advantage of it and live it the most. Keep filling us with news. Abs, Kimura

    ReplyDelete