Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Aussie" (Australian people)

My first day here in Melbourne, I had a shock! I was walking in the city, and I saw a lot of Asian people... Almost of theirs were talking in chinese! Sometimes I saw Indian people also.

I thought the Australians were all of European descent, but was completely wrong.

Probabily, chinese and indians are spread across all countries in the world... But here in Australia, exceptionally have a lot of them!! Sometimes it's more easier to hear people talking in chinese than english. Impressive!

To get an idea, for example in my class, 7 are Chineses, 3 Korean, 3 Vietnan, 2 Cambodian, 1 Colombian, 1 Srilankan, 1 Mauritius, 1 Indonesian, 1 Latvian and... 1 Brazilian-Japanese... hahaha... The last one is a very very funny guy!

Australia is a multi-cultural country, very similar to Brazil. A multi-cultural country has a lot of values. And with this Australia had a rich development in different areas like education, culture, industries, agriculture.
Now, Australia is one of the most developed countries in the world, with a established economy and good way of life. Because of this, here I am... To improve my skills with my "Aussie" friends.


Hope you had fun! Thanks and see you next!

Below, some pictures of my classmates and my teacher Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment